Revellers on Beach get Nasty Shock

Published : 8:54 am  June 15, 2015 | No comments so far |  |  (462) reads | 

beach2

By H.M. Dharmapala
Twenty-one people who were frolicking on Mount Lavinia beach last evening were hospitalised after coming into contact with a poisonous variety of jellyfish that had been floating on the water. 

 

Sources at the Colombo South Teaching Hospital said those who were admitted had to hospital had complained of severe itching and had broken out in a rash which was extremely painful. They were undergoing treatment and their condition was not life threatening.

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC00579  

DSC00581  

DSC00584