Don’t blame me: Susil

Published : 8:07 am  August 25, 2015 | No comments so far |  | 

(510)

 reads | 

By Sandun A Jayasekera
Former UPFA General Secretary Susil Premajayantha said yesterday he was not involved nor consulted when selecting the party’s National List (NL) nominees for appointment to parliament.eru

He said as such it was unfair for the UPFA’s constituent parties or defeated UPFA members not appointed to parliament on the national list to critisise him.


Mr. Premajayantha said the enjoining order preventing him from functioning as UPFA General Secretary issued on August 14 was still valid and that it was not fair to criticise him without knowing the real situation.


“What the UPFA constituent parties should have done was not to blame me for their defeat but to do everything possible to have the enjoining order against me removed. Many of the constituent partners must realize that they would have not got this result if they had not contested on the UPFA ticket. I am disappointed to have been maliciously accused without any proper grounds for doing so,” he said.


Mr. Premajayantha said he tried hard to keep the UPFA intact and unfortunately, the political parties which won seats are the ones criticising me without talking about the benefits they got by affiliating with the UPFA.


He said the UPFA had not been faced by such problems in the past with regard to national list appointments but on this occasion the enjoining order and the election results had led to some unexpected problems cropping up.


Meanwhile, National Freedom Front (NFF) leader Wimal Weerawansa has threatened legal action against Mr. Premajayantha for not nominating a NFF candidate to parliament from the UPFA national list. 

 

(510)