Nightclub attack No arrests yetPublished : 9:10 am October 12, 2016 | No comments so far | | (212) reads |
By Darshana Sanjeewa
No arrests have been made in connection with the incident where a group of people led by a VVIP’s son is alleged to have assaulted security personnel at a leading nightclub last week.
Police said yesterday statements recorded by witnesses, victims and CCTV camera footage had not indicated the presence of a VVIP’s son at the nightclub.
However, police said investigations are continuing.
The security guards are alleged to have been assaulted when they refused to permit the group of people to enter the premises in the early hours of Saturday.
The nightclub entrance was also damaged during the brawl.
Police said they had recorded a statement from the injured nightclub bouncer, but he was unable to identify the men who assaulted him.