BUS STRIKE CALLED OFF

Published : 9:25 am  November 15, 2016 | No comments so far |  |  (210) reads | 

s4BY CHATURANGA PRADEEP The Lanka Private Bus Owners Association (LPBOA) said yesterday it had called off the countrywide bus strike after discussions with Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake. It had earlier warned it would launch the strike unless the minister agreed to rescind the 2017 budget proposal to increase the minimum fine for traffic offences to Rs.2,500.

B u s operators met the Finance Minister last evening to discuss this matter. Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association ( L P B O A ) C h a i r m a n G e m u n u Wijeratne said their decision to launch a countrywide bus strike was conveyed to the minister on Friday