BBQ turns toxic: One dead, two hospitalized

Published : 7:08 am  January 16, 2017 | No comments so far |  | 

(324)

 reads | 

Untitled-6 By Ranjith Rajapaksa and Shelton Hettiarachchi
One person died and two others hospitalized due to suffocation of inhaling toxic fumes generated from a portable BBQ grill that was used to BBQ chicken inside a room at a lodge in Nuwara Eliya on Friday night, the Police said.

A group of people from Grandpass had gone on a trip to Nuwara Eliya on Friday morning and had stayed at a lodge in the night with the hope of returning to Colombo on Saturday.
They have gone in a hired private bus, which was driven by its owner with an assistant who also stayed at the same lodge on Friday night.

 

Untitled-7

(324)