Five hospitalised after exposure to ammonia gas

Published : 12:02 am  September 15, 2018 | No comments so far |  | 


 reads | 


  • Two transferred to ICU in critical condition    


By Buddhika Kumarasiri   

At least five people were admitted to the Horana Base Hospital after exposure to Ammonia gas at a rubber factory in Wagawatte, Horana yesterday, Police said.   

They said an ammonia gas cylinder had exploded when two workers were unloading some cylinders from a lorry while the other three workers had rushed to the scene of the explosion to check what happened.   
The factory’s production manager said the five workers had fallen unconscious and hospitalised.   

Two of them were in a critical condition and transferred to the Intensive Care Unit.