Raids on restaurants along Horton Place Legal action against three out of seven

Published : 12:04 am  December 10, 2018 | No comments so far |  | 

(0)

 reads | 

Untitled-3

 

By Lahiru Pothmulla  

In a raid carried out by the Health Department officials of the Colombo Municipality along Horton Place yesterday, three restaurants had been found to be maintained in an unhygienic manner.  


The raid was conducted by a team of PHIs and health officers led by Cinnamon Gardens and Borella area Medical Officer of Health (MOH) Dr. Subash Mendis under the instructions of the Municipality’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Ruwan Wijayamuni.  


Dr. Mendis said they inspected seven restaurants during the raid and that they would take legal action against the three unhygienic restaurants.  


From the three restaurants, one restaurant which is famous for vegetarian cuisine had been found maintained in a deplorable manner and had been warned to keep closed for two days to upgrade the status.  


“Food items had not been stored properly at this restaurant and the kitchen utensils were unclean. Garbage bins were overflowing and there were garbage piles everywhere. An abandoned pool nearby and several tyres were filled with mosquito larvae as well,” Dr. Mendis said. 

 
He said apart from the three restaurants which were reprimanded, the condition of the others were commendable.  

 

 

 

(0)